Two-Step Process for Providing Required Student Health Information

Step 1: Health Form

Submit a completed 2018-2019 Student Health Form with Health Services by July 1 of your incoming year. Students who fail to submit the completed Student Health Record will not be permitted to register for classes. Physical exams are required only for first-time and transfer varsity athletes. Forms are available on the sports medicine website.

Step 2: Vaccination Records

Provide verification of your immunization records through our Med+Proctor system. Med+Proctor is a secure and confidential technology platform designed to help simplify the process of tracking required immunization records for our students and staff. Please visit our DePauw Health Med+Proctor website and follow the prompts to securely upload your immunization information.

Additional Immunization Information

For information on recommended vaccinations for college students and travel immunizations, read the Immunization Policy Document.

Immunization Exemptions

Requests for exemption from the immunization requirements for other than medical reasons may be recognized by DePauw based on religious grounds only. Requests for exemption must be made in writing, in advance of the start of classes and signed by the student.

Requests for exemption from immunization requirements based on medical grounds must be accompanied by a written statement from the student’s healthcare provider indicating the nature and duration of the medical condition which contraindicates an immunization, along with the specific vaccine identified as detrimental to the student’s health, certifying pregnancy or suspected pregnancy, or verifying that the student is currently completing the course of all required immunizations. Medical exemptions expire when the medical condition(s) contraindicating immunization change in a manner which permits immunization. All requests for exemption will be reviewed and decided by the medical director. A signed Immunization Waiver Form will be kept on file at Health Services.

Students holding exemptions may be excluded from campus activities or instructed to leave campus in the event of an outbreak – on or near campus – of any of the vaccine-preventable diseases until the outbreak is over.

Further information regarding immunization requirements or exemptions may be obtained by contacting Health Services at (765) 658-4555 or reviewing the Student Health Record and Immunization Policy.

Requesting Immunization Records

Students may request their immunization records by visiting Health Services and signing a Medical Release Form.