Wellness coaching is available at the campus Wellness Center for students and faculty and staff participating on the DePauw University Health Plan, as well as their dependents. There is no out-of-pocket cost for this service. Call 317.718.8160 to schedule.
What is Wellness Coaching?
Our certified wellness coaches work together with our dietitians and exercise specialists to help people discover their “best and healthiest selves.” You can work with your wellness coach to set health goals and map a plan for success. Together, you can find strategies and motivating techniques that work for you – and that follow evidence-based recommendations.
When you participate in a one-on-one coaching session, you can expect:
- Help developing strategies to better manage chronic conditions
- Coordination of your follow-up care and referrals to other medical specialists
- A reduced risk for additional chronic diseases
- Tobacco cessation support if needed
- Tips for managing your medications and prescription costs
- Nutrition counseling and help for healthy meal planning
- Support for weight loss
- Personalized fitness plans
- Education about how to track your progress towards health goals
Top 5 Reasons to Participate in Wellness Coaching
- Kick start healthy habits like increased physical activity and improved nutrition.
- Get healthy changes to stick through accountability and support.
- Break down barriers preventing you from achieving success.
- Reduce your risk of developing other chronic medical problems.
- There is no out-of-pocket costs.